For more information please contact:
Curtis Bartell, President - (703) 638-2694
John Magoon, Treasurer - (410) 841-5414
MADRA realizes the Mid-Atlantic is a large region with many groups that appear similar. Here is why MADRA is different:
- MADRA is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. If you employer does not reimburse your donation, it is 100% tax deductible.
- MADRA is an independent organization with no affiliations. 100% of your donation stays local for BCP/COOP and DR education and networking in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- MADRA meets 6 times per year and has a consistent meeting schedule, which is the third Thursday of the month in February, April, June, August and October. The sixth meeting will be in either November or December, based upon the holiday schedule for that year.
- 4 meetings are 2 1/2 hour events with 2 speakers and time scheduled for networking. 2 meetings are 1/2 day workshops designed to provide a higher level of education for experienced professionals.
- MADRA schedules locations, speakers and programs at least 6 to 9 months in advance. As BCP/COOP/DR professionals, planning at the last minute is not an acceptable way to run an organization.
- MADRA realizes the unique relationship of BCP/COOP and DR in this region. The best attempt is made to schedule at least one private sector and one public sector speaker each meeting.
- MADRA is dedicated to assisting small and medium-sized businesses with their BCP/COOP/DR plans, considering a majority of the employment is in this sector and these firms typically do not have the resources to hire full-time dedicated staff or consultants. By conducting two hour seminars utilizing local chambers of commerce, MADRA provides the subject matter experts to assist these organizations with their contingency planning, who are the lynchpins of this region's economy.
Vendors and organizations will be invited to sponsor the meetings. In order to finance our operations, MADRA requests an annual donation of $50/person for patrons who begin attending MADRA meetings starting 1/1 - 6/30 and $25/person for patrons who attend MADRA meetings starting 7/1 - 12/31. We encourage you to support, and participate in the planned activities.
Click here to download the MADRA donation receipt.
There are many levels of involvement in the organization from a general patron to member of the executive board, to holding elected position as an officer on the board. The donations we request are very reasonable (see below) for the services you receive from this community focused, non-profit organization. In addition to the meeting events we maintain an informational, resource intensive web site including job postings and e-commerce enabled donation.
We encourage the novice, the experienced practitioners, the vendors and suppliers of goods and services, and the public to join us. We can all profit from the exchange of information. MADRA will not endorse any product or service, but will provide a forum where individuals with like interests can come together for mutual benefit.